Follow on Bloglovin

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Pin Up Inspired Make Up

When going out for an evening, there is nothing I love more than the classic pin up inspired look. Winged out liner adds a feminine feel to any makeover and how can you go wrong with those gorgeous statement red lips?

When trying this look out for yourself, the best advice I can give is to keep the eyes very natural. It's a personal rule of mine to never do lips and eyes! You want to focus on one or the other, in this case, the lips.

To demonstrate this lovely look, I did the very gorge Becca Peppiatt's make up.

After carrying out a foundation routine and priming the eye area, I applied a nude base all over the lids using my MUA Heaven and Earth eyeshadow palette. I then used a slightly darker shade (but still very natural) on the outer half of the lid.

To finish the eyes I simply added liquid eyeliner and mascara. I was fairly scarce with the mascara because I wanted all of the attention on Beccas lips. When applying too much mascara the eyes can look unnatural and I didn't want this for this very girly classic look.

To complete those stunning apple red lips, first begin by distributing balm all over the lips. This will keep them hydrated and ensure that the colour is even. I used the Rimmel Kate Moss lip stick. (shade red 01) I applied this all over the desired area! Finally, I added a sheer gloss to the lips to give them a beautiful shine!

I hope you love this look, here's Becca working it!

Let me know how you get on beauty's. Lots of love, Kenzie xxx

1 comment:

  1. The look is lovely! I've been using actually a really similar make up! Different palette but really similar eyeshadows. And the lipstick was exactly the same. Haha :D xx

    ReplyDelete